Short Documentary Production Bootcamp
Gates & Greene, a Brooklyn-based video content and film production company, is offering a free 4-week workshop for young people of color looking to develop their craft in the production of short documentary-style video content.
Gates & Greene has a mission to train young adults from underserved communities in New York City to produce high-quality digital video content. This mission creates opportunities for people who otherwise would not gain access to careers in video production.
Our Short Documentary Production Bootcamp is a hands-on series of workshops. It runs the course of four Saturdays and covers shooting, sound recording, and directing for client work. Students will learn and work with professional camera, sound, and lighting equipment, including the Canon C300 Mark ii, Sound Devices MixPre-3, and K5600 HMI lighting instruments. At the end of the 4-week program, each student will direct a documentary exercise.
Students are required to attend all four sessions and complete out-of-class assignments. Each student will be given a DSLR camera to shoot with outside of the workshops to practice framing.
Space is limited and open to young adults ages 21-26.
Graduates of the Bootcamp may be invited back for apprentice opportunities at Gates & Greene. For more on our apprentice program, check here.
- The deadline to apply for our fall bootcamp is 8/20.
- The sessions will take place on Saturdays: 9/1, 9/8, 9/15, and 9/22.
- Maturity and humility: a genuine desire to learn and grow.
- Passion, motivation, and a strong work-ethic.
- Basic knowledge of manual photography (F-Stop, Shutter Speed, and ISO) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of shooting, lighting, and audio recording is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of editing in Adobe Premiere is a plus.
If you're interested in being considered for an upcoming Bootcamp, apply at the link below! The deadline to apply for our fall bootcamp is August 20, 2018.